SUBJECT: CIVIC EDUCATION
TERM: THIRD TERM
WEEK: WEEK 4
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: AGENCIES ENFORCING TRAFFIC REGULATIONS
- Agencies Enforcing Traffic Regulations e.g. road safety corps, LASMA
At the end of this discussion in this unit, children should be able to:
- Know The Agencies Enforcing Traffic Regulations E.G. Road Safety Corps, Lasma
TEACHINNG AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Traffic signs
- Lagos State Scheme of Work.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- Online Materials.
- Civic Education Text Books for Primary Schools
AGENCIES ENFORCING TRAFFIC REGULATIONS
The following are agencies that enforce traffic laws.
- The Nigeria Police (NPF): they have the power to arrest drivers that drive recklessly.
- Road Safety Corps (FRSC): they enforces traffic regulations on the road. They issue driver license to qualified drivers and ensure that drivers do not carry overload, over speed, they make use of seat belt, they don’t answer calls while driving.
- Mobile Courts: drivers who are found guilty of traffic offence are taken to mobile court.
- The Nigeria Army (NA)
- Vehicle Inspection Officer (VIO): they are responsible for checking the vehicle condition when moving on the road. They also check the driver’s particulars to see if they are qualified to drive the vehicle.
- Drivers Union (NURTW): they ensure that drivers obey the rules and regulations. They also educate their members and enforce law and order among themselves.
- Voluntary association likes Boys Scouts of Nigeria, the Girls Guide of Nigeria, 2and the Nigeria Red Cross.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson.
- The Teacher introduces the topic.
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- Mention three agencies enforcing traffic regulations.
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.