SUBJECT: SECURITY EDUCATION
TERM: THIRD TERM
WEEK: WEEK 9
CLASS: PRIMARY 3
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: AVOIDING CRIMINAL BEHAVIOURS GANGS
At the end of this topic, Pupils should be able to:
- Avoid criminal gang
- Turning life around
TEACHING AND LEARNING AIDS
- Whiteboard/ chalkboard
- Informative poster
- Informative videos clips
- Law bills
- Class Discussion
- Questions and Answers
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Universal Basic Education Board Curriculum for Primary Schools
- Lagos State Scheme of Work for Social studies
- Online Materials.
- Social Studies Text Books for Primary Schools
Gangs are organization of criminals.
Gangs is a group of young people especially young men, who spend time together often fighting with other groups and behaving badly.
HOW TO AVOID CRIMINAL BEHAVIOURS
- Avoid criminals
- Deal with peer pressure
- Focus on your education
- Get a job
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (Avoiding peer pressure).
- The Teacher introduces the lesson through question and answer.
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- The Teacher write the note on the board.
Learners participate in the class discussion
- Gang means ————————-
- List five ways of avoiding criminal behaviours.
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson and answer questions.