SUBJECT: COMPUTER STUDIES
TERM: THIRD TERM
WEEK: WEEK 3
CLASS: PRIMARY 6
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: CAREER OPPORTUNITIES IN COMPUTER
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to know:
- Different career opportunity in computer
TEACHINNG AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory Video
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- Nigeria Educational Research and Development Council (NERDC) Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Computer studies Scheme of work
- Online Materials.
- Computer Studies for Primary Schools.
Careers in computer are much and are rewarding.
The following are some careers in computer
- Software Developer: they are responsible for the entire development, testing, and maintenance of software.
- Database Administrator: analyze and evaluate the data needs of users
- Computer Hardware Engineer: they responsible for designing, developing, and testing computer components, such as circuit boards, routers, and memory devices
- Computer Systems Analyst: they assess an organization’s computer systems and recommend changes to hardware and software to enhance the company’s efficiency.
- Computer Network Architect: they design, implement and maintain networking and data communication systems, including local area networks, wide area networks, extranets, and intranets.
- Web Developer : they plan and produce website
- Information Security Analyst: they create systems to protect information networks and websites from cyber-attacks and other security breaches.
- IT Project Manager: they coordinate the efforts of a team of programmers and analysts to complete projects
- Computer and Information Research Scientists: they invent and design new approaches to computing technology and find innovative uses for existing technology
- Computer and Information Systems Managers : they analyze a company’s technology needs and oversee the implementation of appropriate data systems
- Computer Programmer: write codes to generate programs
- Software Developer: manages the creation of computer program.
- Network Administrator: manages the daily operation of computer network
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson.
- The Teacher introduces the topic.
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
CONCLUSION: the teacher sum up the lesson.
- Mention three careers in computer and their work.