SUBJECT: COMPUTER STUDIES
TERM: THIRD TERM
WEEK: WEEK 6
CLASS: PRIMARY 5
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: COMPUTER GAMES
- Define Computer Game
- List Computer Game; Mario, Education, Brick game
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- Define Computer Game
- List types of Computer game
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory Video
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers.
- The Students will be taken to the Computer laboratory for practice
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- Online Materials.
- Computer Studies for Primary Schools.
A computer game is a software that allows one to interact with objects displayed on a computer screen
A Computer game can be called a PC game. A computer game is a game that is played on a personal computer (PC) and not a video game console like play station. Computer game is mostly used by people for entertainment and relaxation.
A player of the computer game can make use of a mouse, keyboard, joystick, game pad, or virtual reality (VR).
EXAMPLES OF COMPUTER GAMES ARE:
- Test drive
- Digital puzzle
TYPES OF GAMES
- EDUCATIONAL GAMES: help with the learning process. Games like question and answer game, quiz fall here.
- SPORTS GAMES: these game try to imitate real professional athletes and how they move. Examples of sport games are basketball game, volley ball game, football game.
- SIMULATIONS GAMES: it involve taking control of real-world vehicles, including tanks, ships, and aircraft. You learn how to control these vehicles. Simulation games are used to train professionals.
- ADVENTURE GAMES: this is a mission game, which the player have to figure out ways on how to complete the mission. It is usually a single player game.
- MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER ONLINE (MMO) GAMES: it is played over a LAN (local area network) or via the Internet. Players use a network and interact with other players in the virtual game room. You can play against people from all over the world.
- REAL-TIME STRATEGY (RTS): it is a very strategical game and is based on two teams fighting each other in order to destroy the enemy’s main building and troops.
- PUZZLE GAME: These are brain games, with no action involved. There are many levels, from beginner to expert, and games usually have coloured shapes and simple actions.
- STEALTH SHOOTER GAME: stealth are used to defeat your enemies. They are war games or spy-based games.
- COMBAT GAME: you fight one on one with opponents, up close and personal like mortal combat game.
- ACTION GAME: It is a fast-paced game where Challenges are completed by fighting with enemies. You use a character of your choice to represent yourself and jump into the action and you need to be fast and have good control.
IMPORTANCE OF COMPUTER GAMES
- It improves children cognitive skills
- It improve hand and eye coordination
- It improve their mental alertness and activeness
- It gives the children morals to overcome different challenges that comes to them.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson.
- The Teacher introduces the topic.
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
CONCLUSION: the teacher sum up the lesson.
- What is a computer game?
- Mention three examples of computer game.