SUBJECT: SOCIAL STUDIES
TERM: THIRD TERM
WEEK: WEEK 11
CLASS: PRIMARY 1
AGE: SIX (6) YEARS
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: CONCEPT OF SECURITY II
Units: Precautions against Dangers and Insecurity
At the end of this lesson, learners should be able to know:
- Precautions against Dangers and Insecurity.
TEACHING AND LEARNING AIDS
- Pictures of road accidents and fire outbreaks
- Whiteboard/ chalkboard
- Informative poster
- Informative videos
- Class Discussion
- Questions and Answers
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Universal Basic Education Board Curriculum for Primary Schools
- Lagos State Scheme of Work for Social studies
- Online Materials.
- Social Studies Text Books for Primary Schools
PRECAUTIONS AGAINST DANGERS AND INSECURITY
- Avoid Bad road
- Don not be an illiterate
- Provision of jobs
- Do not abuse Drugs
- Law offender be dealt with
- Avoid Corruption
- Reduce Poverty
- Receive Proper training from parent
- Strengthen our borders
- There should be development in the society
- Teacher briefly discuss the previous lesson (sources of danger and insecurity).
- Teacher defines and explain Precautions against Dangers and Insecurity
- The Teacher write the note on the board.
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson and answer pupil’s questions.
The teacher ask the learners to:
- Mention three Precautions against Dangers and Insecurity.