SUBJECT: AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE
TERM: THIRD TERM
WEEK: WEEK 9
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: CONTROL MEASURES OF FARM AND ANIMAL TOOLS
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- To know the control measures of farm tools and animal tools
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Whiteboard/ Chalkboard
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory videos
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for Primary Schools.
- Online Materials.
- Lagos State Agricultural Science Scheme of Work
- Agricultural Science for Primary Schools.
CONTROL MEASURES OF FARM AND ANIMAL TOOLS
Farm and animal tools can be controlled using
- Biological control measures: since some of the farm tools parts are made of wood and some insect, bacterial, termite attack wood. Such tool can be maintained by using bio control agent to prevent wood decay fungal infection by using antifungal antibiotics like antinomycetes and streptomyces.
- Cultural control measures is done by ensuring all farm tool are clean and kept in the right place after use to prevent damages and accident.
- Chemical control measures: chemical preservative methods are used on farm tools to prevent them from decaying and rusting by applying chemical during or after production of the farm tools. Like applying paint on some part of the farm tools to prevent it from rusting.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson.
- The Teacher introduces the topic.
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- Mention the control measures of farm and animal Tools uses
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.