SUBJECT: AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE
TERM: THIRD TERM
WEEK: WEEK 9
CLASS: PRIMARY 5
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: EFFECTS OF LACK OF CARE ON THE GROWING ANIMALS
UNITS: Needs of Growing Farm Animals
- Effects Of Lack Of Care On The Growing Animals’
- Care For Young Animals In The School
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to know the:
- Effects of lack of care on the growing animals
- care for young animals in the school
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Whiteboard/ Chalkboard
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory videos
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers.
- The teacher will take the students to the school farm
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for Primary Schools.
- Online Materials.
- Lagos State Agricultural Science Scheme of Work
- Agricultural Science for Primary Schools.
EFFECTS OF LACK OF CARE ON THE GROWING ANIMALS
Failure to take necessary steps or procedures in taking care of the young growing animals could lead to the following effects:
- Body part disorder
- Leads to sheep scab in sheep’s
- Broiler Leg disorders in Broilers
- Metabolic diseases
- Unstable health condition
- Lack of growths
- Lack of Feeling
- Reduction in Production performance
- To death.
CARE FOR YOUNG ANIMALS IN THE SCHOOL
Young animals can be taking care of by:
- Always feeding them at the right time
- Cleaning their house and surrounding to prevent infection
- Providing good bedding for the young animal.
- Providing adequate clean water
- Treat diseases quickly
- Treat injury with caution.
- Allow adequate ventilation.
- Ensure the animals remain clean and dry
- Make use of the right illumination
- Ensure their waste are remove regularly and safely
- Pest control should be used to prevent diseases
- Noise from other animal should be controlled
- feed dispensers should be clean always
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson.
- The Teacher introduces the topic.
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- Mention three Effects of lack of care on growing animals
- Mention three ways to care for young animals in the school
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.