TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON SOCIAL STUDIES
SUBJECT: SOCIAL STUDIES
THEME: HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT
TERM: SECOND TERM
WEEK: WEEK 11
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
NAME OF TEACHER:
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
TIME: 40 MINUTES
At the end of this Unit, Pupils should be able to know:
- Meaning of employment
- Why people should be employed
- Problems of unemployment
- Reason of unemployment
- Solution to unemployment
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Different Nigeria currency
- Whiteboard/ chalkboard
- Interactive poster
- Interactive video
- Questions and Answers
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary school.
- Lagos State Scheme of Work
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools four Social Studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Edudelight Social Studies Text Books for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: the students are familiar with savings.
WORD FILE: Employment, depending, responsibilities.
Employment is the state of being employed or having a job.
WHY PEOPLE SHOULD BE EMPLOYED
The following are some reasons why people should be employed.
- To earn money.
- To be respected in the society.
- To be able to send their children to school.
- To be able to get more education
- To avoid depending on people
- To provide for the family
- To build a house
- To buy properties
- To carry out life’s responsibilities
AVAILABLE JOBS IN OUR LOCALITY
- Cattle rearing
- Hair dressing
HOW PEOPLE GET JOBS
- Through application.
- Through friends.
- Through family members.
- Through Skills.
PROBLEMS OF UNEMPLOYMENT
- Few jobs are available
- Lack of information
- Few industries
- Increase in Population
SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEMS OF JOBS
- Government should provide more industries.
- People should be self-employed.
- Job seekers should be contented with small jobs.
- Schools should provide more technical skills to equip the people for available job.
- People should learn skills that are needed for jobs.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (SAVINGS)
- The Teacher introduces the topic (EMPLOYMENT)
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- Learners participate in the class discussion
- What is employment?
- Mention three reasons why people should be employed.
- Mention three Problems of unemployment.
- Mention three Solution to unemployment.
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: SAVINGS
NEXT LESSON: NATURAL RESOURCES