TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON SOCIAL STUDIES
SUBJECT: SOCIAL STUDIES
THEME: THE FAMILY
TERM: FIRST TERM
WEEK: WEEK 1 and 2
CLASS: PRIMARY 5
NAME OF TEACHER:
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: EXTERNAL INFLUENCE ON NIGERIAN FAMILY LIFE
At the end of this discussion in this Module, children should be able to know:
- Influence of foreign countries on Nigeria family life – language
- Influence of religion on Nigeria family life
- Marriage pattern – relationship between members
- General behavior of family members
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Interactive poster
- Interactive video
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools
- Lagos State Scheme of Work
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools four Social Studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Edudelight Social Studies Text Books for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: the students are familiar with unity in cultural diversity.
WORD FILE: influenced, traditional, migration, negative.
CONTENT OF THE MODULE
A lot of factors have influenced the changes on Nigerian family life. Some factors is social change. Such as urban migration have had a powerful impact on traditional family pattern. Nigerian values are important because they provide a support system for family members in dealing with poverty and other negative aspects of social change. Also, traditional values are important because they provide a system which helps insure the welfare of the children within the family.
INFLUENCE OF FOREIGN COUNTRIES ON NIGERIAN FAMILY LIFE
- Working mothers or parents
INFLUENCE OF RELIGION ON NIGERIAN FAMILY LIFE
- Marriage pattern
- Relationship between family member
- General behaviour of family members.
INFLUENCE OF WORKING PARENTS ON THE NIGERIAN LIFE
- Use of baby sitters.
- Depriving the children the opportunity of receiving adequate motherly care.
- Not giving the child moral upbringing.
- Improper feeding habit
- Inadequate attention to children’s health.
- Provision of shelter
- Putting children in day-care institutions,
- More income is generated for the family,
- lack of parental care and moral upbringing,
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (UNITY IN CULTURAL DIVERSITY).
- The Teacher introduces the topic (EXTERNAL INFLUENCE ON NIGERIAN FAMILY LIFE)
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- Learners participate in the class discussion
- Mention three Influence of foreign countries on Nigeria family life
- List three Influence of religion on Nigeria family life
.CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: UNITY IN CULTURAL DIVERSITY