Junior Secondary School Scheme of work for Business Studies Jss2 First Term
Lagos State Scheme of Work for Business Studies Jss2 First Term
- The receptionist; Duties and qualities, Telephone Etiquettes, Items found in the reception ,Documents handled by the reception
- Procedure for the receipt of mails
- Filing of letters -Reasons for filing documents, Things that makes a filing system to be efficient, Filing methods, File classification, Tips for a good filing practice
- Simple cash book
- Double column cash book
- Double column cash book with contra entry
FIRST TERM SCHEME OF WORK FOR BUSINESS STUDIES JSS 2 (Basic 8) – MODIFIED I
- The Reception of Office
- Duties of A Receptionist
- Right Attitude to work
- Documents Handled by Receptionists
- Office Correspondence
- Procedures for Handling Incoming Mails
- Office Document
- Aids to Trade
FIRST TERM SCHEME OF WORK FOR BUSINESS STUDIES JSS 2 (Basic 8) – MODIFIED II
1. Reception Office- Meaning, Description of Reception Office
Receptionist- Meaning, Importance and Qualities
Duties of a receptionist
How to receive and treat visitors
How to make and receive phone calls
Appropriate dress code
Documents handled by a receptionist.
2. Office Correspondence- correspondence record, types, uses
Ways mails come into the organization.
Handling of mails
3. Office document: Meaning, types, sales documents, purchase document, uses.
4. Trade: Meaning, importance, Forms of trade; home trade, foreign trade.
5. Aids to trade–Banking, insurance, advertising, communication, transportation,
Roles of custom and excise at foreign trade.
6. Market; Meaning, features, types, institutions and instruments traded, buying and selling.
7. Career in the capital market
- buying and selling
- meaning: by cash,
- By credit.
- Transactions: cost of sales
- Mark up
- Turn over
- Profit and loss
8. Distribution; Meaning, channels of distribution, Producer, Wholesaler, Retailer,
Consumer, functions of each of the channels of distribution.
9. Distribution: Licensed chemical vendors,
handling and distribution of chemicals.
effect of wrong handling of chemicals
when production ends.
10. Bank service; Commercial bank- definition, bank services, ethical issues in banking.
11-12. Revision & Examination