Senior Secondary School Scheme of work for Commerce SS3 – Edudelight.com
NERDC Curriculum Commerce SS3
SS3 First Term Commerce Scheme of work Lagos State
1 Introduction to Business Management
2 Business Management
3 Departments in a Business Organization, Social Responsibilities of a Business
4 Structure of a Business
5 Authority: Span of Control
9-10 Economic Groupings in West Africa
11 – 12 Revision and Examination
SS3 First Term Commerce Scheme of work – Modified
Week 1: Business Law.
- Meaning, Branches of commercial Law e.g, Law of contract, Hire purchase, Sales of goods, Agency etc.
Law of contract.
- Definition of contract.
- Classification of contract.
- Essential element of valid contract.
Week 2: Types of Contract
- Termination of contract.
- Remedies for branch of contract.
- Terminologies used in contract.
Week 3: Law of Agency.
- Definition of Agency.
- Types of Agent.
- Appointment of Agent.
- Duties and Right of Principals.
- Termination of Agency.
Week 4:Hire Purchase / Instalmental payment / Deffered Payment.
- Meaning, features of Hire purchase, parties to Hire purchase, conditions for Hire purchase.
- Merits and demerits of the Hire Purchase, termination of Hire purchase.
Week 5: Contract of Sales of Goods.
- Definition of sales of good.
- Terms of contract of sale.
- Provision of sales of goods Act of 1893.
- Terminologies associated with contract of sale.
Week 6: Contract of Employment
- Meaning (Employer & Employee).
- The employer: duties & rights.
- The employee: Duties and Rights.
Week 7: Government Regulation of Businesses.
- Meaning, methods of government regulation of Business e.g Business Registration, Patent Right, Trademark, Copy Right etc.
- Document required for Business establishment.
Week 8: Structure of Business.
- Organization structure / set-up.
- Organization chart, Short notes, Authority and Responsibility, Span of Control, Scalar Chain of Command and, Unity of Command and Unity of Directions etc.
Week 9: Introduction to Business Management.
- Meaning of Business.
- Business Resources.
- Objective of Business.
- Management: Meaning and Functions.
Week 10: Business Environment.
- Departmentalization and Functions of each Department.
- Social responsibilities.
Week 11 & 12: Revision & Exams.