Senior Secondary School Scheme of work Economics First Term SS2 Edudelight.com
1st Term ss2 Economics Lagos State Scheme of work
1 Measure of Central Tendency of Group Data
2. Measure of Dispersion of Variation of Grouped Data
3 Theory of Consumer Behaviour
4 Demand And Supply
5 Elasticity of Demand
6 Elasticity of Supply
7 Income Elasticity of Demand
8 Cross Elasticity of Demand
9 Price Control / Legislation
10 Rationing & Hoarding
FIRST TERM SCHEME OF WORK FOR ECONOMICS SS2 – MODIFIED I
- Basic tools for Economics Analysis; measures of central tendency (mean, median, mode, using grouped data).
- Measures of dispersion; range, variance, mean deviation, standard deviation.
- Theory of consumer behavior; concept of utility (Tu, Au, & Mu(, law of diminishing marginal utility.
- Demand and supply; change in quantity demanded, Demand and supply; change in quantity supplied, change in supply, effects of changes in demand and supply on equilibrium price and quantity.
- Elasticity of supply; meaning, types and measurement of elasticity of supply. (Graphical illustration), importance of elasticity of supply to consumers, producers and government.
- Elasticity of Demand; meaning, types and measurement of elasticity of demand. (Graphical illustration), importance of elasticity of demand to consumers, producers and government.
- Income elasticity of demand; definition, types (positive and negative), measurement of Income elasticity of demand
- Cross elasticity of demand, definition, measurement of cross elasticity of demand
- Price control / legislation; meaning, types (minimum and maximum)
- Rationing and hoarding; meaning of Rationing and hoarding, effects of Rationing and hoarding, black markets and its effects.