SUBJECT: SOCIAL STUDIES
TERM: THIRD TERM
WEEK: WEEK 4
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
TIME: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: FORMS OF ACCIDENTS
- Meaning and Types of Accident Eg Road, Air, Water and Rail Accident Etc
- Outcomes of Accidents :Burns, Scalds Bruises And Bites
- First Aids Treatment For Burns, Scalds Bruises and Bites
- what We Can Do To Prevent Accident
At the end of this units, Pupils should be able to:
- Know the Meaning and Types of Accident Eg Road, Air, Water and Rail Accident.
- Know the Outcomes of Accidents: Burns, Scalds Bruises And Bites
- Know the First Aids Treatment For Burns, Scalds Bruises and Bites
- Know what We Can Do To Prevent Accident
TEACHINNG AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- First aid box
- Banana peel
- Pressing iron
- Hot plate
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary school.
- Lagos State Scheme of Work
- Online Materials.
- Social Studies Text Books for Primary Schools
MEANING OF ACCIDENT
An accident is what happen suddenly and it causes damage or injuries. Accident can affect human beings, animals and plants.
TYPES OF ACCIDENT
Accidents can happen on the road, air, water and rail etc.
FORM/OUTCOMES OF ACCIDENTS: BURNS, SCALDS, BRUISES AND BITES
Burns are caused by hot object like pressing iron, hot plate.
Scalds are caused by hot water or any other liquid like acid.
Bruises occur when we receive a blow with or from objects or human begins, which makes the skin to swell;
Bites are caused by animals such as snakes dogs or insects.
FIRST AIDS TREATMENT FOR VICTIMS OF BURNS, SCALDS, BRUISES AND BITES.
BURNS AND SCALDS
- Do not touch the affected area
- Cover the affected part with clean cloth
- Take him/her to the hospital.
- Put ice block in a towel and place it on the surface of the bruises
- Take patient to hospital.
- Take anything you can use to tie round the upper part of the bite.
- Wash away the poison around the wound
- Take the patient to hospital
WHAT WE CAN DO TO PREVENT BURNS, SCALDS, BRUISES AND BITES
These accidents can be prevented in the following ways:
- Avoid wrong and careless use of house appliances like iron, hot water.
- Pupils should not play in bush, area of dirty places etc.
- The surroundings of our house should be cleared to keep away snakes from coming close to us.
- Windows and doors of our houses should have net to prevent mosquitoes.
- We should be careful in whatever we do.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson.
- The Teacher introduces the topic.
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- What is an accident?
- Mention three Types of Accident
- List three Outcomes of Accidents
- Mention First Aids Treatment For Burns, Scalds Bruises and Bites
- What We Can Do To Prevent Accident?
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.