SUBJECT: BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
TERM: THIRD TERM
WEEK: WEEK 11
THEME: YOU AND ENERGY
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
TIME: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: FORMS OF ENERGY II
- Uses of energy
- Sources of energy e.g. sun tide and waves, fuel, wind and water
At the end of this Topic, Pupils should be able to:
- Know the Uses of energy
- Know the Sources of energy e.g. sun tide and waves, fuel, wind and water
TEACHINNG AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Solar panel
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory videos
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHODS
- Questions and answer
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Scheme of Work.
- Online Materials.
- Basic Science and Technology for Primary Schools.
CONTENT OF THE TOPIC
USES OF ENERGY
Energy can be used in the following ways:
- Sailing of boat using wind energy
- For transportation either chemical or mechanical energy
- To Generate electricity using Nuclear Energy
- For cooking using electrical energy
- Production of heat for cooking food using wood and coal energy
- Making of plant materials using solar energy
- To do work using Mechanical energy.
SOURCES OF ENERGY
The different sources of energy are:
- Water from Hydro and tidal energy
- Rock Beneath the earth from Geothermal energy
- Wind from wind energy
- Oil shale from chemical energy
- Fossil fuels from Chemical energy
- The sun from solar energy
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson.
- The Teacher introduces the topic.
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- State three Uses of energy
- Mention three Sources of energy