SUBJECT: COMPUTER STUDIES
TERM: THIRD TERM
WEEK: WEEK 3
CLASS: PRIMARY 5
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: FUNCTIONS OF THE DESKTOP
- Creating and Deleting folders on the Desktop
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- Create Folders
- Delete folders on the Desktop
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory Video
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers.
- The Students will be taken to the Computer laboratory for practice
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- Online Materials.
- Computer Studies for Primary Schools.
Folder contains list of files that are stored in the computer hard disk
HOW TO CREATE A FOLDER
A folder can be created on the desktop or in a sub folder.
The following are steps on how to create a folder on the desktop using windows 7 operating system.
- using your mouse or touch pad
- Right click on an empty area of the desktop (not on an icon)
- From the context menu, click on “New“
- Choose “Folder” inside the New submenu
- Give the new folder a name.
- Press Enter button to save the name
How to delete a file or folder
To delete a file or a folder
- First, navigate to the folder (or desktop) where the file or folder is
- You can now delete the file/folder in two ways: either with the
mouse,or with a keyboard shortcut
- Right-click on the file/folder to delete, and choose “Delete” from the context menu
- To prevent accidental deletions, Windows 7 will first give you a confirmation message:
- To delete the file or folder in question, click on the “Yes” button, and Windows will put the file or folder inside the Recycle Bin.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson.
- The Teacher introduces the topic.
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
CONCLUSION: the teacher sum up the lesson.
- Using a computer, Create two folders using your name, surname
- Delete the folder, you saved with your surname.