SUBJECT: SOCIAL STUDIES
TERM: THIRD TERM
WEEK: WEEK 8
CLASS: PRIMARY 3
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: GIVING FIRST AID TREATMENT TO ROAD ACCIDENT VICTIMS
- Meaning of first aid treatment.
- Identify items found in first aid box or bag
- Described how first aid can be applied on an injured person
- Importance of first aid box in school
At the end of this topic, Pupils should be able to:
- Remedy for road accidents
TEACHING AND LEARNING AIDS
- Pictures of people that are giving first aids.
- Pictures of Nurses/doctors treating accident victims.
- Contents of a first aid box or kits.
- Whiteboard/ chalkboard
- Informative poster
- Informative videos
- Class Discussion
- Questions and Answers
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Universal Basic Education Board Curriculum for Primary Schools
- Lagos State Scheme of Work for Social studies
- Online Materials.
- Social Studies Text Books for Primary Schools
What is first aid? It is the First medical treatment administered to a sick or injured person before professional medical help is sought.
It can also be the first treatment given to an injured person before taking the person to the hospital.
OBJECT/ITEMS FOUND IN THE FIRST AID BOX
Some of the objects found in the first aid box are
- Antiseptic cream and lotion
- Muscle cream and sprays
- Sterile gauze and tape
- A pair of tweezers
- Fungal medicine
- Adhesive Bandage
- Pain relieve tablets
- Razor blade
- Cotton wool
HOW TO ASSIST AN ACCIDENT VICTIM
- Add some Iodine for fresh wound
- Clean the wound with antiseptic
- Cover with plaster or bondage
- Administer pills as recommended by doctor
IMPORTANCE OF FIRST AID BOX IN THE SCHOOL
- It saves cost
- It enables the faster treatment of injuries
- It brings rest of mind
- It helps to access and manage the situation when there is medical emergency
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (Road Accident).
- The Teacher introduces the topic.
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- The Teacher write the note on the board.
- find out from home how cuts or burns are treated using first aids
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.