SUBJECT: PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
TERM: THIRD TERM
WEEK: WEEK 7
CLASS: PRIMARY 5
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: MEANING OF SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF DISEASES
- MEANING OF SIGNS
- MEANING OF SYMPTOMS
At the end of this discussion in this unit, children should be able to know:
- The meaning of Sickness.
- The meaning of illness.
- How to prevent diseases
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory videos
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHODS
- Questions and answers
- Pupils will visit a laboratory to see how people are tested for signs of different diseases
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum (UBE)
- Lagos State Scheme of Work.
- Online Materials.
- Physical and Health Education for Primary Schools
MEANING OF SIGNS
The following are different meaning of signs:
- It is indication that something is happening.
- It is what a doctor can objectively detect.
- It is an event whose presence indicate the probable occurrence of something.
- It indication of some medical fact that may be detected by a physician during examination of a patient.
MEANING OF SYMPTOM
The following are different meaning of symptom:
- It is something that a patient notice or feel.
- It is the physical condition which shows that someone has a particular illness
- Change in the body or mind.
Like when a patient is feeling pain or dizzy. It shows early stages of fever or virus infection.
TYPES OF SYMPTOM
- Chronic symptoms
- Relapsing symptoms
- Remitting symptom
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson.
- The Teacher introduces the topic.
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- What is meaning of Signs?
- What is the meaning of symptom?
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.