SUBJECT: SOCIAL STUDIES
TERM: THIRD TERM
WEEK: WEEK 10
CLASS: PRIMARY 5
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
MODULE: MECHANIZED AGRICULTURE
- CONCEPT OF MECHANIZED AGRICULTURE
- PROBLEMS OF MECHANISED AGRICULTURE
- APPLICATION OF MODERN AGRICULTURAL TECHNOLOGY
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- Know the concept of mechanized agriculture
- know the problems of mechanised agriculture
- know the application of modern agricultural technology
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Whiteboard/ Chalkboard
- Explanatory posters
- Explanatory pictures
- Explanatory videos
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Scheme of Work
- Online Materials.
- Social Studies Text Books for Primary Schools
CONCEPT OF MECHANIZED AGRICULTURE
Mechanize agriculture means using machines to do farm work usually on a large farmland. It involves the use of machines such as:
PROBLEMS OF MECHANISED AGRICULTURE
- Costly Machines
- It can lead to unemployment
- Increases deforestation
- Some of the machine make use of electricity
- Unavailability of storage facilities
- Difficulty of farmers to get large piece of land
APPLICATION OF MODERN AGRICULTURAL TECHNOLOGY
- Application of fertilizer to boost crop output
- By irrigation in areas with low rainfall
- Use of tractors, sprinklers in areas where large portions of land are available
- provision of fish ponds in areas without rivers
- Use of insecticides to fight pests and diseases that attack crops
- Use of improved seedlings
- Use of agricultural extension staff
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson.
- The Teacher introduces the topic.
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- Give two reasons why Nigeria need a Mechanized agriculture?
- What is Mechanized Agriculture
- Mention three problems of mechanized agriculture
- In what areas can we apply agricultural technology?
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.