TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE
SUBJECT: AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE
THEME: PROCESSES OF AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTION
TERM: SECOND TERM
WEEK: WEEK 2 and 3
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
NAME OF TEACHER:
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: METHODS OF FARM PRODUCE PRESERVATION
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to know about:
- Methods of farm produce preservation
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Can milk
- Whiteboard/ Chalkboard
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory videos
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS KNOWLEDGE: the students are familiar with preservation of farm produce.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for Primary Schools.
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools four Agricultural Science (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Lagos State Agricultural Science Scheme of Work
- Edudelight Agricultural Science for Primary Schools.
WORD FILE: preservation, produce.
METHODS OF FARM PRODUCE PRESERVATION
Some of the methods of preserving food are:
- SUN DRYING
- peeled cassava
- peeled yam
- maize, beans,
- Fresh fish.
- fruit juice,
- corned beef,
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (PRESERVATION OF FARM PRODUCE).
- The Teacher introduces the topic (METHODS OF FARM PRODUCE PRESERVATION).
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- Learners participate in the class discussion
- Learners identify methods of farm produce preservation
- List five Methods of farm produce preservation
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: FARM PRODUCE
NEXT LESSON: METHODS OF FARM PRODUCE PRESERVATION