SUBJECT: COMPUTER STUDIES
TERM: THIRD TERM
WEEK: WEEK 4
CLASS: PRIMARY 5
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: MISUSE OF COMPUTER
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to know:
- Different career opportunity in computer
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory Video
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- Nigeria Educational Research and Development Council (NERDC) Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Computer studies Scheme of work
- Online Materials.
- Computer Studies for Primary Schools.
What is Computer Misuse?
The Computer Misuse Act is designed in 1990 to protect computer users against attacks and theft of information using computers. The Act prohibited anyone from gaining unauthorized access to a computer and unauthorized modification of a computer’s files.
The act makes it an offence to access or even attempt to access a computer system without the appropriate authorization
Some people today make use of the computer in a negative way. Some of the way people are misusing the computer are:
- Virus attack: people use the computer to send virus to another computer in other damage the system.
- Pornography: people view indecent pictures and videos on the internet.
- Fraud: people use the internet to cheat people.
- Cyberbullying: some children make use of the internet to bully their friends and enemies
- Data piracy: people use the computer to sell things that ate not theirs on the internet
- Stealing : people used the computer to steal people information
- Terrorism: Terrorist use the internet to communicate and arrange terrorism activities
- Misinformation: people share false information using the internet.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson.
- The Teacher introduces the topic.
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
CONCLUSION: the teacher sum up the lesson.
- Mention three ways computer have been misuse.