TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON SOCIAL STUDIES
SUBJECT: SOCIAL STUDIES
TERM: FIRST TERM
WEEK: WEEK 9
CLASS: PRIMARY 5
NAME OF TEACHER:
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
TIME: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: MODERN MARRIAGE
At the end of this lesson, Pupils should be able to know:
- Main features of Christian marriage by the reverend father or pastor conducts.
- Main features of Muslim marriage imam conducts.
- Main features of marriage by conducts.
- Values of Christian, Islamic and marriage by ordinance.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory videos
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHODS
- Questions and answer
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Scheme of Work for Social Studies.
- Unified Schemes of Work for Lagos State Primary Schools (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Online Materials.
- Edudelight Basic Social
Studies forPrimary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: the students are familiar with.
WORD FILE: modern, entertained, exchange.
MODERN MARRIAGE: it is the union of two people a male and a female in a modern way.
MAIN FEATURES OF TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE
- Christian marriage
- Islamic marriage
- Marriage by ordinance
MAIN FEATURES OF CHRISTIAN MARRIAGE BY THE REVEREND FATHER OR PASTOR CONDUCTS
- The married is guided by the holy bible, which is one woman, one husband.
- The marriage is done in the church.
- The man and the woman exchange rings and marriage vows.
- After the church service, guests are entertained with wine, foods and drinks after the church service.
MAIN FEATURES OF MUSLIM MARRIAGE IMAM CONDUCTS
- Marriage is conducted according to Islamic laws.
- The man is allowed to marry up to four wives.
- Marriage takes place in the house of bride’s parents.
- Both parent of the bride and groom must be present.
- Bride prices is paid by the man.
- Guest are entertain with foods and drinks to celebrate the marriage.
MAIN FEATURES OF MARRIAGE BY CONDUCTS
- The marriage is conducted by the court register.
- It take place in the registry.
- Marriage Vows are made.
- Prayers are prayed.
- They exchange rings.
- Guest are entertained.
VALUES OF CHRISTIAN, ISLAMIC AND MARRIAGE BY ORDINANCE
- Fear of God
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE).
- The teacher introduces the lesson through question and answer (MODERN MARRIAGE).
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- The Teacher
writethe note on the board.
Learners participate in the class discussion
Teacher ask the learners to:
- Explain the Main features of Christian marriage by the reverend father or pastor conducts.
- Identify the Main features of Muslim marriage imam conducts.
- Identify the Main features of marriage by conducts.
- List three Values of Christian, Islamic and marriage
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE
NEXT LESSON: RELIGION AND RELIGIOUS BELIEFS