TITLE: LESSON NOTE ON CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
SUBJECT: CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ART
TERM: FIRST TERM
WEEK: WEEK 10 and 11
CLASS: PRIMARY 3
TIME: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: PATTERN MAKING
- examples of pattern making
- How a pattern can be made with simple design.
- how to make design patterns
At the end of this Topic, Pupils should be able to:
- Mention examples of pattern making
- Know how a pattern can be made with simple design.
- Know how to make design patterns
- Cardboard paper
- Drawing books
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHODS
- Questions and answer
- Lagos State Cultural and Creative Art Scheme of Work.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for Primary Schools
- Edudelight Cultural and Creative Art Text Books for Primary Schools
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: The students are familiar with.
WORD FILE: manipulating, moulding
CONTENT OF THE TOPIC
Pattern making is the art of manipulating and moulding a flat piece of fabric to adjust to one or more curves shape of the human figure.
EXAMPLES OF PATTERN MAKING
- Pattern is repeated continuously in a motif.
- A motif is a unit of design that is made up of lines, shapes, colours.
HOW PATTERN CAN BE MADE WITH SIMPLE DESIGN
- Printing method
- Stamping method
- Tracing Method
- PRINTING METHOD: this is the method of applying colour to the surface of what you want to print and transferring it on the paper surface repeatedly, for example leaf print.
- STAMPING METHOD: this is the method of applying colour to the design surface in which you want to print with and stamping it repeatedly on the surface of what you want to print with and stamping it repeatedly on the surface in which you want your pattern to appear, for example cassava or yam print.
- TRACING METHOD: this method by which you trace your design on the paper repeatedly and apply colour. For example tracing paper.
HOW TO MAKE DESIGN PATTERNS
- The Teacher revises the previous lessons (USING LINES IN DESIGNS).
- The Teacher introduces the topic (PATTERN MAKING).
- Teacher explains and writes examples of pattern making
- Teacher leads pupils on how a pattern can be made with simple design.
- Teacher guides pupils on how to make design pattern.
- Mention three examples of pattern making
- Mention three ways a pattern can be made with simple design.
- Explain how to make design patterns
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: USING LINES IN DESIGNS.
NEXT LESSON: MODELLING