SUBJECT: SOCIAL STUDIES
TERM: THIRD TERM
WEEK: WEEK 4
CLASS: PRIMARY 5
TIME: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: PERSONAL HYGIENE AND PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT
- WHAT IS PERSONAL HYGIENE AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT?
- CHARACTERISTICS OF PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT A PRE-ADOLESCENT STAGE
- FACTORS THAT CAN HINDER PHYSICAL GROWTH IN CHILDREN
At the end of this Topic, Pupils should be able to know:
- What Is Personal Hygiene And Personal Development?
- Characteristics Of Physical Development A Pre-Adolescent Stage
- Factors That Can Hinder Physical Growth in Children.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Whiteboard/ Chalkboard
- Explanatory posters
- Explanatory pictures
- Explanatory videos
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Scheme of Work
- Online Materials.
- Social Studies Text Books for Primary Schools
WHAT IS PERSONAL HYGIENE AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT?
Personal hygiene deals with the total cleanliness of a child.
Physical Development deals with the growth of a child.
CHARACTERISTICS OF PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT A PRE-ADOLESCENT STAGE
- Girls initially grows taller than the boys
- Growth of hair in private areas
- Development of hair in the public areas
- The Body grows bigger
- The breast of the female child begins to grow
- The male child experience change in voice
FACTORS THAT CAN HINDER PHYSICAL GROWTH IN CHILDREN
- Poor feeding
- Lack of care
- Infection and illness(Hiv)
- Too much laboring
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson.
- The Teacher introduces the topic.
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- Describe Two areas of physical development in a child at pre-adolescent age
- List three factors that could hinder the physical growth of a child.
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.