SUBJECT: SOCIAL STUDIES
TERM: THIRD TERM
WEEK: WEEK 8
CLASS: PRIMARY 5
TIME: 40 MINUTES
- MEANING OF POLLUTION
- SOURCES AND CAUSES OF AIR POLLUTION
At the end of this module, Pupils should be able to:
- Know the Meaning of pollution.
- Know the sources and causes of air pollution
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Whiteboard/ Chalkboard
- Explanatory posters
- Explanatory pictures
- Explanatory videos
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Scheme of Work
- Online Materials.
- Social Studies Text Books for Primary Schools
MEANING OF POLLUTION
Pollution means to make something dirty or impure. When water is dirty it is said to be polluted. That is it is not good for drinking.
SOURCES AND CAUSES OF AIR POLLUTION
- Poisonous chemicals
- Cigarette and tobacco smokers
- Bush burning
- Urinating outside the toilet
- Excreting outside the toilet
- Smokes from vehicles, firewood, cooking stoves.
- Coughing without covering the mouth
- Sneezing without covering the mouth
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson.
- The Teacher introduces the topic.
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
Learners are asked:
- What is pollution?
- Identify three sources of air pollution.
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.