SUBJECT: BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
TERM: THIRD TERM
WEEK: WEEK 3
THEME: YOU AND TECHNOLOGY
CLASS: PRIMARY 6
TIME: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: INCLINED PLANE
- Meaning of inclined plane
- Example of inclined planes
- Advantages of Inclined Planes
At the end of this Topic, Pupils should be able to:
- Define an inclined plane
- Mention examples of an inclined plane
- Construct and use an incline plane
- Sate the advantages of inclined plane
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Fetching pale
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory videos
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHODS
- Questions and answer
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Scheme of Work.
- Online Materials.
- Basic Science and Technology for Primary Schools.
DEFINE AN INCLINED PLANE
An inclined plane is a simple machine of one or two plank inclined to a plane.
It is used to move object high and low.
EXAMPLES OF AN INCLINED PLANE
USE OF AN INCLINED PLANE
- To raise or lower load
- Walk up or down a higher plane
ADVANTAGES OF AN INCLINED PLANE
- It is easy to use
- Very easy to construct
- It make work easier
- It make work faster
- It saves time
- It reduces stress
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson.
- The Teacher introduces the topic.
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- Give three examples of an inclined plane.
- Construct and use an incline plane.
- .give three advantages of an inclined plane.
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.