TITLE: LESSON NOTE ON CIVIC EDUCATION
SUBJECT: CIVIC EDUCATION
TERM: SECOND TERM
WEEK: WEEK 5
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
NAME OF TEACHER:
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: REASONS WE NEED TO BUILD OUR NATION – NATIONAL CONSCIOUSNESS II
At the end of this discussion in this unit, pupils should be able to know:
- Reasons we need to build our nation.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Writing materials
- Whiteboard/ chalkboard
- Interactive poster
- Interactive video
- Lagos State Civic Education Scheme of Work.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for Primary Schools
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Civic Education (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Nigeria Educational Research and Development Council scheme (NERDC)
- Edudelight Civic Education Text Books for Primary Schools
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: the students are familiar with national consciousness.
WORD FILE: co-existence,aggression.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
REASONS FOR BUILDING OUR NATION
The Reason for building a nation are as follows:
- For peaceful co-existence
- To benefit from one another
- Common use of resources
- United against external aggression
- The Teacher revises the previous term lessons (NATIONAL CONSCIOUSNESS)
- Teacher leads the pupils to understand REASONS WE NEED TO BUILD OUR NATION.
- Teacher leads pupils to mention some reasons we need to build our nation.
- Mention the reasons for building a nation
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: NATIONAL CONSCIOUSNESS
NEXT LESSON: NATIONAL CONSCIOUSNESS II