TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON SOCIAL STUDIES
SUBJECT: SOCIAL STUDIES
THEME: NATIONAL ECONOMY
TERM: SECOND TERM
WEEK: WEEK 1
CLASS: PRIMARY 6
NAME OF TEACHER:
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
TIME: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: RESOURCES UTILIZATION
At the end of this Unit, Pupils should be able to know:
- Importance of natural resources
- Over utilization of natural resources
- Dangers of overutilization of natural resources
- Problems of underutilization of natural resources
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Whiteboard/ chalkboard
- Interactive poster
- Interactive video
- Questions and Answers
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary school.
- Lagos State Scheme of Work
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools four Social Studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Edudelight Social Studies TextBooks for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: the students are familiar with resources development.
WORD FILE: overusing, resources,necessary.
NATURAL RESOURCES are raw materials supplied by nature. That is they are not man made.
UTILIZATION is the act of using.
RESOURCE UTILIZATION is the way we make use of our resources.
OVER – UTILIZATION OF NATURAL RESOURCES means overusing natural resources. That is the use of natural resources at a faster rate than necessary.
UNDER –UTILIZATION OF RESOURCES is when resources are not being used to the fullest or not fully utilized.
IMPORTANCE OF NATURAL RESOURCES
- It make products that are produced cheaper.
- It bring in foreign exchange when exported.
- It create jobs for people.
- it develop the country
- it provides goods and services
DANGERS OF OVER UTILIZATION OF NATURAL RESOURCES
The dangers of over utilization of natural resources includes:
- low foreign exchange
- shortage of timber
- breakdown of infrastructure
- it will lead to suffering for the next generation
- Water may dry up and people will suffer.
- Mineral deposit may fry up
- It may lead to poor harvest on land
PROBLEMS OF UNDER UTILIZATION OF NATURAL RESOURCES
Underutilization of natural resources could leads to the following problems:
- It can lead to unemployment.
- it can lead to poor infrastructures
- It can lead to underdevelopment
- It can lead to Frustration
- It can lead to under – employment
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (RESOURCES DEVELOPMENT).
- The Teacher introduces the topic ( RESOURCES UTILIZATION)
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- Mention three Importance of natural resources
- What is over utilization of natural resources?
- List three Dangers of overutilization of natural resources
- What is underutilization of natural resources?
- Mention three Problems of underutilization of natural resources
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: RESOURCES DEVELOPMENT
NEXT LESSON: TRAINING THE POPULATION TO BE HEALTHY AND PRODUCTIVE