Senior Secondary School Curriculum Food and Nutrition – Edudelight.com
NERDC Curriculum Food and Nutrition SS1
Food and Nutrition Curriculum Lagos State for SS1 Second Term
1. Revision scientific study of foods.
- Measurement: units of measurement.
- Effects of heat on food.
2. Food tests (tests for carbohydrates, protein and fats),
– The food composition table.
– Meal planning.
3. Reproductive health.
4. Reproductive health –malnutrition e.g. Over nutrition and under nutrition.
5. Kitchen management.
6. Kitchen plan/ layout.
7. Kitchen equipment.
– Materials used in making kitchen equipment.
8. Cleaning agents and abrasives.
9. Safety in the kitchen.
- Methods of handling kitchen equipment properly, precautions to prevent accident.
- Contents and use first aid box.
- Treatments of simple injuries e.g. Cuts, burns and scalds.
- Personal- rules of personal hygiene in the kitchen.
- Kitchen hygiene rules.