Second Term Mathematics Syllabus for Senior Secondary Schools in Nigeria
Second Term Syllabus for Mathematics for SS1
SS1 Mathematics Scheme of work for Lagos State
- CONSTRUCTION OF ANGLES 30, 45, 60, 90 e.t.c . Triangles, Equivalent angles, Equidistance from 2 points, 2 lines, fixed point and 4 – sides plane figure given certain conditions, locus of given points.
- PROOFS OF SOME BASIC THEOREMS IN EUDIDEAN GEOMETRY:Angle sum of a triangle is 180o, the exterior angle of a triangle is equal to the sum of two interior opposite angles.
- RIDERS: Proofs of properties of
- Angles on parallel lines
- Angles in a polygon iii. Congruent angles
2.Parallelograms and intercept theorem
3. TRIGONOMETRIC RATIOS: Sine, cosine and tangent with reference to right angled triangles.
4. TRIGONOMETRY: Derivation of Trigonometric ratios of 30o, 450o and 60o from drawn angles.
5. TRIGONOMETRY: Angle of elevation and depression and application of trigonometric ratios.
6. TRIGONOMETRIC RATIOS: In relation to unit circle, Sine and Cosine of various angles.
7. GRAPH OF SINES AND COSINES USING 15o, 20o, 30o, 60o etc.
8.LENGTH OF ARC OF CIRCLE
9- 12.Revision and Examination