Jss1 SecondTerm Social Studies Scheme of Work
Junior Secondary School Scheme of work social Studies – Edudelight.com
Lagos State Scheme of work Social Studies Jss1 Second term
- Revision of Last Term’s Work
- Socialization; Meaning, Significance & Processes.
- Agents of Socialization and Effects of Socialization.
- Culture: Meaning, Components & Features.
- Culture Features of Culture
- Cultural Similarities Among Nigerians
- Cultural Differences Among Nigerians
- Uniqueness of Nigerian Culture
SECOND TERM SCHEME OF WORK FOR SOCIAL STUDIES JSS 1 (BASIC 7) – MODIFIED I
- Revision of last term’s work’
- Accidents in the Home and in the School: (a) Needs for safety. (b) Safety measures in the home, school and workplace.
- Traffic Rules and Regulations: (a) Meaning of road signs and traffic lights. (b) Accidents and causes of road accidents. (c) Consequences of disobeying traffic rules.
- Socialization: (a) Meaning of socialization. (b) Significance of socialization.
- Socialization: © Processes of socialization e.g. education, apprenticeship, initiation, etc.
- Socialization: (d) Agents of socialization. E.g. family, school, religious organizations, the press, age grade, peer group, clubs and societies.
- Culture – Meaning, Components and Features of culture: (a) Meaning of culture. (b) Components of culture. (b) Components of culture – Material and non-material culture.
- Culture: © Feature of culture – Language, food and dressing, religion, technology/craft, etc.
- Culture: (d) Characteristics of culture. (e) Cultural similarities in Nigeria. (f) Cultural differences in Nigeria.
SECOND TERM SCHEME OF WORK FOR SOCIAL STUDIES JSS 1 (BASIC 7) – MODIFIED II
Week one – Revision of last term’s work
Week two – Our roles in promoting safety in our community
Need for safety
Safety measures in home, school and work place
Safety guidelines for pedestrians, cyclist, motor cyclist and motorist.
Week three – Safety club as an agent of socialization, structure and process of forming road safety club in schools.
Week Four – Common social problems in Nigeria
Week Five – Ways of solving common social problems in Nigeria
Week Six – Abstinence I
Meaning of sexual Abstinence
Week Seven – Abstinence II
Skills and behaviour that enhance abstinence
Benefits of abstinence
Facts about abstinence
Week Eight – Uniqueness of Nigeria culture
Week Nine – Adaptability
Week Ten – Revision
Week Elevene – Examination