What is a sentence? A sentence is a group of words that makes or express complete thought. A Sentence is formed by joining different words to say something that people can understand.
Examples of forming simple sentences
- My father is + a Police officer = my father is a Police officer.
- I am + a girl = I am a girl.
- Paul goes to + school every day = Paul goes to + school every day.
- Our teacher + is a man = our teacher is a man.
- This is + my book = this is my book.
- She cooked + the food = She cooked the food.
- Esther entered + the room = Esther entered the room
- Children love + to play always = Children love to play always.
- Take it + at Once = Take it at Once.
- Bring out your + Grammar textbook = Bring out your Grammar textbook.
Make a complete sentence using the following
- The cock ________. A look B. Crow C. Laugh D. cry.
- The car belongs to ________. A. blue B Fish C. hard D Kunle
- He took it __________ A Home B. large C. poor D.phone
- She sat next to _________ A. God B. Me C. Chair D. Time.
- Make three simple sentences.