SUBJECT: SECURITY EDUCATION
TERM: THIRD TERM
WEEK: WEEK 5
CLASS: PRIMARY 3
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: SEXUAL OFFENCES
At the end of this topic, Pupils should be able to:
- Meaning of sexual offences
- Report sexual offences
TEACHING AND LEARNING AIDS
- Whiteboard/ chalkboard
- Informative poster
- Informative videos clips
- Law bills
- Class Discussion
- Questions and Answers
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Universal Basic Education Board Curriculum for Primary Schools
- Lagos State Scheme of Work for Social studies
- Online Materials.
- Social Studies Text Books for Primary Schools
Sexual Offences is when a person engage in an unwanted sexual act by force or threats.
- Sexual abuse
- Sexual touching
- Sexual intercourse with a person under Eighteen
A person found guilty of sexual assault could be sent to prison for some years.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (violent offences).
- The Teacher introduces the lesson through question and answer.
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- The Teacher write the note on the board.
Learners listen to the teacher and participate in the class discussion
Teacher ask the learners to:
- Define sexual offences
- List four examples sexual offences
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson and answer questions.