SUBJECT: AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE
TERM: THIRD TERM
WEEK: WEEK 5
CLASS: PRIMARY 6
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TITLE: SIGNS OF ILL HEALTH IN CHICKEN (POULTRY Continued)
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able know:
- Signs Of Ill Health In Chicken
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Whiteboard/ Chalkboard
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory videos
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for Primary Schools.
- Online Materials.
- Lagos State Agricultural Science Scheme of Work
- Agricultural Science for Primary Schools.
SIGNS OF ILL HEALTH IN CHICKEN
The following are signs of ill health in chicken:
- Roughened feathers
- Discharge from the nostril
- Muscorish Discharge
- Loss of Appetite
- Reduction in egg production among layers
- Retarded Growth
- Chicken huddle together and droop as if the birds are feeling cold
- Birds standing with their eyes closed
- Presence of sores on wattles and combs
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson.
- The Teacher introduces the topic.
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- Mention three Signs Of Ill Health In Chicken
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.