SUBJECT: SOCIAL STUDIES
TERM: THIRD TERM
WEEK: WEEK 7
CLASS: PRIMARY 1
AGE: SIX (6) YEARS
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: SOURCES AND USES OF WATER (industrial uses of water)
- Industrial uses of water
- Why we must not waste water
At the end of this lesson, learners should be able to:
- Define water
- Mention sources of water supply in the locality
TEACHING AND LEARNING AIDS
- Pictures showing the sources of water
- Whiteboard/ chalkboard
- Informative poster
- Informative videos
- Class Discussion
- Questions and Answers
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Universal Basic Education Board Curriculum for Primary Schools
- Lagos State Scheme of Work for Social studies
- Online Materials.
- Social Studies Text Books for Primary Schools
As water is important to man, animals, and plant. Water is also used in industries
Industries are companies that produce goods for sale or offer some services.
INDUSTRIAL USES OF WATER
- Water helps to keep machinery needed for the making of products running smoothly and efficiently.
- Water is used as a mixture with some other things to produce a product like soft drinks, syrup
- Water is used in the manufacturing of product.
- Industrial machines make use of water to cool it temperature
- To clean machines and buildings
- Water is used in the production of smooth paper
- Water is used when extracting metals
- Water is used when producing food
WHY WE MUST NOT WASTE WATER
Wastage of water should not be allowed because
- There are some places in need of the water
- Water is necessary for life
- The less we use water, the less money and energy we spend in processing and having it transported in our homes, hospitals, and other establishments.
- Wasting water increases the value of other commodities.
- It improves water quality.
- It ensures that it can be continually used for recreational purposes.
- It gives future generations the opportunity to thrive
- Water is essential to preserve the environment.
- water conservation actually helps with reducing greenhouse gas emissions
- Teacher briefly discuss the previous lesson (risk factor in food distribution and preparation).
- Teacher defines and explain water and it characteristics
- The Teacher write the note on the board.
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson and answer pupil’s questions.
The teacher ask the learners to:
- Define water
- Mention three industrial use of water