Senior Secondary School Scheme of work Chemistry SS2 – Edudelight.com
NERDC Scheme of work Chemistry SS2
Lagos State Chemistry Scheme of work SS2 Third Term
WEEK 1 & 2 Water and Solutions
WEEK 3 Hardness of water
WEEK 4 & 5 Sulphur and its Compounds
WEEK 6 – 7 Organic Chemistry (Hydrocarbons)
WEEK 8 Benzene and its Compound
WEEK 9 Alkanols
WEEK 10 – 12 Revision and Examination
THIRD TERM SCHEME OF WORK FOR CHEMISTRY SS 2 – MODIFIED I
WEEK 1 & 2 Atomic Structure
WEEK 3 Nuclear Chemistry
WEEK 4, 5 & 6 Metals and their compounds
WEEK 7 & 8 Organic Chemistry 2
WEEK 9 – 12 Organic Chemistry 2
FIRST TERM SCHEME OF WORK FOR CHEMISTRY SS 3 -MODIFIED I
- Alkanoic Acids
- Fats And Oils
- Amino Acids
- Natural And Synthetic Polymers
- Metals And Their Compounds &(Sodium)
- Tin &Transition Metals
11 – 12. Revision and Examination
FIRST TERM SCHEME OF WORK FOR CHEMISTRY SS 3 -MODIFIED II
- Revision, Saturated Hydrocarbon Alkanes e.g Methane CH4 – preparation, properties and uses, isomerism, IUPAC, Nomenclature.
- Unsaturated hydrocarbon – Alkenes e.g ethane (C2H2) – Nomenclature, preparation, properties and uses.
- Unsaturated Hydrocarbons, Alkynes e.gethyne (C2H2)-Nomenclature, preparation, properties and uses.
4 and 5. Aromatic hydrocarbon, Benzene-structure, properties and uses, derivatives of Benzene e.g methyl benzene.Alkanols – sources, general molecular formula, nomenclature, classification, types, preparation, properties and uses. Test for alkanols.
6.Alkanoicacids – sources, nomenclature, structure, preparation, properties and uses. Alkanoates, general molecular formular, nomenclature, preparation, properties and Uses.
7. Fat and Oil as higher Esters, sources, properties and Uses. Detergents and Soaps
– Structure, their mode and action.
8. Natural and synthetic polymers, polymerization(additional and condensation), plastics – Thermoplastic and Thermosetting polymers, Resins.
9. Carbohydrates – sources, general molecular formular, classification, properties and uses.
Proteins – sources, structure, properties and uses, tests for proteins.
10. Amines and Amides , general molecular structure, preparation, properties and Uses.