Senior Secondary School Scheme of work Government – Edudelight.com
NERDC Scheme of work Government SS2
Lagos State Government Scheme of work SS2 Third Term
- Nigeria Federalism-Origin.
- Factors Responsible For Nigeria Federation; The Structure, Features And Problems of Nigeria Federalism.
Development of Political Parties In Nigeria (i) Nigeria National Democratic
- (NNDP) (ii) The Nigeria Youth Movement (NYM) (iii) The National Council of Nigeria and
- Cameroon (N.C.N.C.)
Northern People’s Congress (N.P.C) (ii) The Action Group (A.G.)
- Minor Political Parties of First Republic- U.M.B.C., N.E.P.U.-Second Republican Political
- Parties – National Party of Nigeria (N.P.N), Unity Party of Nigeria (U.P.N)
People’s Party (N.P.P), Great Nigeria People’s Party (G.N.P.P.), People’s
- Redemption Party (P.R.P.), Nigeria Advance Party (N.A.P)
- Major Political Crises in Nigeria- (i) Kano Riot of 1953, (ii) Census Crises of 1962/63
- (i) Action Group Crises of 1962 (ii) Federal Election Crises of 1964.
- (i) Western Nigeria Election Crises of 1965 (ii) General election Crises of 1979 and 1983
- Kaduna State Executive/ Legislative Crises of 1981.
- The Nigeria Civil War.
- Revision/ Examination.
Government Scheme of work SS2 Third Term – Modified
- The Northern Peoples’ Congress
- The Action Group (Ag)
- The Miner Political Parties Of The First Republic Umbc, Nepu E T C
- Organizational Structure, Sources Of Finance, Objectives And Performance.
Week 2 And 3
- Second Republic Political Parties Development Of Political Parties In Nigeria Ii
- National Party Of Nigeria (Npn)
- Unity Party Of Nigeria (Upn)
- Nigeria Peoples’ Party (Npp)
- Great Nigeria People Party (Cnpp)
- Nigeria Advance Party (Nap)
- Formation, Structure, Sources Of Finance, Objectives And Performance
- The Third And Fourth Republics Political Parties: Development Of Political Parties In Nigeria Iii
- Social Democratic Party (Sdp)
- National Pepublican Convention/Nrc
- Peoples Democratic Party (Pdp)
- All Nigeria Peoples Party (Anpp)
- Alliance For Democracy (Ad)
- Action Congress Of Nigeria (Can)
- Congress For Progressive Change (Cpc)
- Other Minor Political Parties: Formation, Structureal Organisation, Sources Of Finance, Objectives And Performance.
Week 5 And 6
- Military Rule In Nigeria
- Historical Background
- Reasons For Military Interrvention
- Achievement Of Military Regismes In Nigeria
- Structure Of Military Regimes In Nigeria
- Weakness Of Military Government In Nigeria
- Measures That Could Be Taken To Prevent Military Interrvention In Nigeria
Week 7 And 8
- Local Govrnment Administartion In Nigeria
- Struture, Functions Of Local Government, Sources Of Finance, Problems, 1976 Local Government Reforms
- Roles Of Traditional Rules In Government
Week 9 And 10
- Nigeria And The World
- Interdependence Of Nations: The Needs For Interactions, Merits And Demerits
- The Nigeria Foreign Policy Since Independence, Factors That Can Affect Nigeria’s Foreign Policy. Formationlation Of Nigeria’s Foreign Policy, Features Of Nigeria Foreign Policy.
Week 11 And 12
- Revision And Examination.