SUBJECT: CIVIC EDUCATION
TERM: THIRD TERM
WEEK: WEEK 2
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: TRAFFIC REGULATIONS
- Meaning of Traffic regulation
- Traffic Sign
- Important of Traffic Regulation
At the end of this discussion in this unit, children should be able to:
- Know the Meaning of Traffic regulation
- Know the Traffic Sign
- Know the Important of Traffic Regulation
TEACHINNG AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Traffic signs
- Lagos State Scheme of Work.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- Online Materials.
- Civic Education Text Books for Primary Schools
Traffic regulations are rules and laws made to control and guide people and vehicle on how to use the road.
Traffic regulations helps us to avoid accidents on our road.
Some of the traffic sign are:
- Stop signs: it tell the moving vehicle to stop
- T – Junction: it is a point where the road joins with another forming a letter T- shape.
- Bends sign: when there is a bend on the road ahead this signs is given to alert the driver to slow down.
- Zebra crossing: it tells the drivers that they must stop to allow pedestrian to cross the road before the vehicle can move on.
- Hospital and school: this tell the drivers to be caution or slow down because hospital or school is ahead.
- Traffic light: there are three light on the traffic light.the red colour mean stop, Amber colour means Get Ready, Green colour means go.
IMPORTANT OF TRAFFIC REGULATION
- To prevent accident on our road
- It guides drivers
- Smooth and free flow of vehicle without delay.
- It Prevent over speeding
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson.
- The Teacher introduces the topic.
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- What is Traffic regulation?
- Mention three Traffic Sign
- Mention three Important of Traffic Regulation
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.