TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON CULTURAL AND CREATIVE
SUBJECT: CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
THEME: CUSTOMS AND TRADITION
NAME OF TEACHER:
TERM: SECOND TERM
CLASS: PRIMARY 5
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: Types and Importance of Apprenticeship System
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- List types of apprenticeship system;
- The importance of apprenticeship system;
- List some attitudes acquired through apprenticeship system.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Chart showing different types of craftsmen and their apprentices.
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory Video
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS KNOWLEDGE: the students are familiar with Role – play.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Cultural and Creative Arts (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Internet Materials.
- Edudelight Cultural and Creative Arts for Primary Schools.
WORD FILE: professional, situation, apprentices
Types of Apprenticeship System
Some of the different types of apprenticeship system are:
- Master craftsmen and apprentices: it is a professional type of craft whereby the master is competent to train others. Before the apprentice will start learning, the parent of the apprentice will sign an agreement with the master. The master teach morals also to his apprentice. Examples of such crafts are wood carving, calabash, carving, pottery, weaving of clothes, basket, mat making, leather work, etc.
- Master Trader and apprentice: these type .training the apprentices comes from other places and not part of the family to learn a trade or profession such as barbing, cloth selling, hair dressing, car repairs, etc.
- Father and son or mother and daughter: this is a situation where by the father or mother is skilled in a particular craft or profession and the children watch and learn the skill until they are very good at it.
Importance of Apprenticeship System
The importance of apprenticeship system are:
- It promote decent and productive work.
- Prevention of child labour
- Continuity of family trades and crafts
- Acquisition of skill
- Acquisition of values
- Emblishment of support groups and association.
Attitude acquired through apprenticeship system
- Hard work
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (Traditional Apprenticeship System).
- The Teacher introduces the topic: Types and importance of the apprenticeship system.
- He/she explains the Types of the apprenticeship system.
- The teacher mentions some importance of the apprenticeship system
- The teacher leads pupils to mention attitudes acquired through the apprenticeship system.
- The pupils copy and submit their note for marking.
- Mention attitudes acquired through apprenticeship system.
Instruction: Answer the following questions below.
- Mention three Types of the apprenticeship system.
- Mention three importance of apprenticeship system
- Mention three attitudes acquired through
NEXT LESSON: Types and importance of apprenticeship system.