TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON COMPUTER STUDIES/ INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
SUBJECT: COMPUTER STUDIES
THEME: COMPUTER APPRECIATION
TERM: SECOND TERM
WEEK: WEEK 6
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 45 MINUTES
TOPIC: USES OF COMPUTER SOFTWARES
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- Uses of computer software.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Microsoft word cd
- Corel draw cd
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory Video
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Computer Studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Internet Materials.
- Edudelight Computer Studies for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: The students are familiar with Application Softwares.
USES OF COMPUTER SOFTWARE
The following are the uses of computer software.
- It is used to play movies, music on computer, play video game.
- To type different types of document.
- To manage and control computer hardware.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (Application Software).
- The Teacher introduces the topic: Uses of Computer Software.
- She/he mentions and explains the uses of computer software.
- The teacher leads the pupils to mention the uses of computer software.
STUDENT ACTIVITIES: the students mention the uses of computer software.
Instruction: Answer the following questions below.
- Mention three uses of computer software.
CONCLUSION: the teacher sum up the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: APPLICATION SOFTWARE
NEXT LESSON: SETTING UP OF A COMPUTER