TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON SOCIAL STUDIES
SUBJECT: SOCIAL STUDIES
THEME: NATIONAL ECONOMY
TERM: FIRST TERM
WEEK: WEEK 8
CLASS: PRIMARY 6
NAME OF TEACHER:
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: WAGES AND INCOME DISTRIBUTION
At the end of this discussion in this Module, children should be able to know:
- Concept of wages and income distribution.
- Relationship between income and standard of living
- why some people earn higher salaries than others
- causes of wage increase
- aspect of income management
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Interactive poster
- Interactive video
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools
- Lagos State Scheme of Work
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools four Social Studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Edudelight Social Studies Text Books for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: the students are familiar with.
WORD FILE: intervals, qualification.
CONTENT OF THE MODULE
CONCEPT OF WAGES AND INCOME DISTRIBUTION
Wages is the Income received for work. It is the money received by workers at regular intervals or end of the month.
RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN INCOME AND STANDARD OF LIVING
Our income depends on the way we live. A high income implies a high standard of living and low income denotes a low standard of living. Also our income and standard of leaving depends on qualification, hours of work, reward for talent.
WHY SOME PEOPLE EARN HIGHER SALARIES THAN OTHERS
The following are reasons why some people earn higher than others
- Level of qualification
- The value of services
- Amount and the quantity of work done.
- Negotiation skill
- Employer and employee Relationship
- Trade union support
- Number of years in service
CAUSES OF WAGE INCREASE
Some of the following cause wage increases
- Increase in the prices of goods and services (Inflation)
- Trade union activities
- Incentives to workers
ASPECT OF INCOME MANAGEMENT
- Household expenses
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (LABOUR AND TRADE UNION).
- The Teacher introduces the topic (WAGES AND INCOME DISTRIBUTION)
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- Learners participate in the class discussion
- What is wages?
- Explain the Relationship between income and standard of living
- Mention three reasons why some people earn higher salaries than others
- List three causes of wage increase
- Mention two aspect of income management
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: LABOUR AND TRADE UNION