TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE
SUBJECT: AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE
THEME: BASIC CONCEPTS IN AGRICULTURE
TERM: FIRST TERM
WEEK: WEEK 7
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
NAME OF TEACHER:
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: WAYS OF MAKING SOIL FERTILE
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to know about:
- Ways of making soil fertile.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Samples of soil
- Whiteboard/ Chalkboard
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory videos
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS KNOWLEDGE: the students are familiar Soil Formation.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for Primary Schools.
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools four Agricultural Science (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Lagos State Agricultural Science Scheme of Work
- Edudelight Agricultural Science for Primary School.
WAYS OF MAKING SOIL FERTILE
- MANURING: use of manure and fertilizer will give the soil nutrient and make it productive.
- MULCHING: it makes soil fertile by covering the top surface of the soil and plant with palm fronds, leavers to prevent air or winds from blowing the soil particles away and thereby adding nutrient to the soil when it decay.
- CROP ROTATION: planting of different crop on a farm land at a time improve the soil fertility.
- BUSH FALLOWING: leaving a farm land for some times make the soil to regain it loss nutrient and make it fertile again.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (SOIL FERTILITY).
- The Teacher introduces the topic (WAYS OF MAKING SOIL FERTILE).
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- Learners participate in the class discussion
- Mention three Causes of loss in soil fertility.
- Mention three Ways of making soil fertile
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: SOIL FORMATION
NEXT LESSON: PREPARATION OF COMPOST OR MANURE