EDUDELIGHT GROUP OF SCHOOLS
FIRST TERM EXAMINATION FOR 2019/2020 SESSION.
SUBJECT: PHYSICS CLASS: S.S 2 TIME: 1Hr 30Min
- Which of the following is not an example of simple machine. (a) Lever (b) pullery (c) horizontal plane (d) whed and axle.
- The highest vertical distance reached by a projectile motion is known as (a) range (b) interval (c) vertical (d) maximum height
- A tennis ball is hit with a velocity of 3ms-1 at an angle of 600 to the horizontal. Calculate the time of flight. (a) 0.52sec (b) 2.00sec (c) 3.00sec (d) 4.00sec
- An object is projected with an initial velocity of 50ms-1 from the ground level at an angle 0 to the vertical. If the total time of fight of the projectile is 5sec, what is the value of 0? (a) 00 (b) 300 (c) 450 (d) 900
- Which of this is not among the equation of motion. (a) s = ut +1/2at 2 (b) v2=u2+2as (c) s= v-u (d) v= u+at
- When taking a penality kick lionel messi apply a force of 30N for a period of 0.5ses. if the mass of the ball is 0.075kg, the ball move off. (a) 30m/s (b) 2m/s (c) 20m/s (d) 100m/s
- At maximum height the initial velocity of an object is (a)constant (b) zero (c) positive (d) equal to the earth gravity
- A simple machine has a velocity ratio of 6 and is used to lift of 125N. what is the mechanical advantage. (a)4 (b) 75 (c) 8 (d) 10
- The maximum height of a projective is given by the expression (a) Hmax= U2 Sm20/g (b)
- A stone dropped from a height of 80m above the ground. Calculate the ground. (g=10m/s2). (a) 7sec (b) 4secs (c) 12sec (d) 32sec
- A body accelerate from rest at 0.2ms-2 for 20 seconds. The distance covered by the body is (a) 4m (b) 2m (c) 8m (b) 3m
- Two force of magnitude 14.0N and 6.0N act at right angle to each other. Calculate the magnitude of the resultant. (a) 84.00N (b) 15.23N (c) 12.65N (d) 8.00N
- An inclined plane of angle 0 acting as a simple machine has a velocity ration (a) sin0 (b) 1/sin0 (c) 1/cos0 (d) sin0
- A body of mass 40kg moving with a velocity of 5ms-1 collides with another body of mass 30kg moving with a velocity of 10ms-1 in the same direction. The body move together after collision. Calculate the comnun velocity (a) 45ms-1 (b)7.14ms-1 (c) 8ms–1 (d) 94ms-1
- Which of the following is not true about the movement of a free (a) it is given as Fh (b) it is a scalar quantity (c) it is measured in Nm (d) none of the above
- Whenever a body undergoes equal displacement in equal time intervals of the time the body is said to be posses (a) uniform speed (b) uniform velocity (c) acceleration (d) instantaneous velocity
- A force of 20N acts on a body and the perpendicular distance from the point of action in 5m. calculate the moment of the force about the point. (a) 100Nm (b) 50Nm (c) 40Nm (d) 4Nm
- Using the above diagram calculate the value of x.
- 5m (b) 9m (c) 3m (d) 12m
- A stone is short out from a catapult with an initial velocity of 30ms-1 at an elevation of 600 what is the maximum height attained (a) 47.33m (b) 33.75m (c) 77.9m (d) 18.4m
- A body is projected with a velocity of 80ms-1 from the top of a cliff 160m above the ground. Find the range. (a) 198m (b)456m (c) 385m (d) 935m
- Compute the acceleration due to gravity at a place where a simple pendulum 1.59m long makes 100 vibrations in 246 secs. Using g =
- 10.3m/s2 (b) 14m/s2 (c) 8m/s2 (d) 4m/s2
- A mango fruit drops from a branch 10m above the ground. Calculate the velocity just before hitting the ground (a)10
- The motion described by a simple pendulum clock is (a) Radom (b) oscillatory (c) translation (d) rotation
- A bricklayer working on a roof top his teeth broken to pieces calculate the time it take the bricklayer to fall. (a) 34sec (b) 3.16sec (c) 13sec (d) 18sec
- The time rate in change of momentum is (a) impulse (b) force (c) power (d) pressure
1i. Define machine
1ii. List 5 types of simple machine
1b. A stone is short out from a catapult with an initial velocity of 30ms-1 at an elevation of 60 find
- Time of fight
c. Using the above diagram, find the resultant and direction of the force.
d. why does the acceleration due to gravity varies
2. The pitch of a screw jack 4.4mm and the length of arm is 70cm. an effort is applied on the screw through a height of 20cm to raised a load of 8000N. if the efficiency is 80% calculate the
- velocity ration
- Effort applied
- Work input into the machine
- State Newton second law of motion
ii. State the conservation of linear momentum.
- Show the s=ut+1/2at2 and v2=u2=+2as
( c) A ball is projected horizontally from the top of a bill with an initial velocity of 20ms-1 , if the height of the hill is 80m calculate
- The time it take the bull to hit the ground
- The horizontal distance from the foot top where the ball hits the ground (g= 10/s2)
- Define moment
- Define torque
- A uniform meter rule of mass 150g is balanced on a knife edge at Xm from a mass of 50g suspended at the 0.1m mark. Find the position (x) of the knife edge.
6. in his first attempt, a long jumper took off from a spring board with a speed of 8ms-1 at 300 to the horizontal. He made a second attempt with the same speed at an angle of 450 to the horizontal. Give that the expression for horizontal range of a projectile is R= v2/g sin2 where all the symbol have their meanings, show that he gained a distance of 0.8576m in his second attempt.
c. what is trajectory
ii. two forces 10N and 20N are inclined at an eagle 600 to each other. Find the resultant force and direction
- State the condition for the equilibrium of three non parallel co-planar force
- It is found that a uniform wooden lath 100cm long and of mass 95g can be balance on a knife edge when a mass of 5g is hung 10cm from one end. How far is knife edge from the centre of the lath.
ii. show that F= ma
b. a girl whose mass is 55kg stands on a spring weighing machine inside a lift. If it acceleration is 2m/s2 what will be the reading on the machine when
i. the lift starts to ascend
ii. the lit move starts to descend
iii. the lift move up and down
iv. the lift is at rest (g= 10m/s2)
ci. define couple
ii. define inelastic collision
- lead bullet of mass 50kg is fired with a velocity of 200m/s into a lead block of mass 950g. Given that the lead block can move freely, calculate
- kinetic energy before impact
- the loss of energy
EDUDELIGHT GROUP OF SCHOOLS
FIRST TERM EXAMINATION FOR 2019/2020 SESSION.
SUBJECT: PHYSICS CLASS: S.S 3 TIME: 1Hr 30Min
- The region around a magnet in which the magnetic force is experienced is called (a) magnetic flux (b) magnetic meridian (c) magnetic field (d) magnetic declination
- Electric motor primarily coverts electrical energy into (a) chemical (b) heat energy (c) light energy (d) mechanical energy
- A transformer is connected to a 250v a.c supply. The primary coil has 5000 turns and the secondary voltage is found to be 10v. what is the number of turns in the secondary coil. (a) 100 (b) 150 (c) 200 (d) 250
- The laws of electromagnetic induction comprises of (a) faraday and Ampere’ law (b) faraday and Lenz’s law (c) faraday and olims (d) faraday and hook’s laws
- In an a.c circuit containing an inductor and a resistor of resistance R, the r.m.s value of the current is I. when the reactance of the inductor is X. the power dissipated in the circuit is. (a)0 (b) T2R (c)
- The escape velocity of an object is given by the expression (a
- The effective capacitance of the capacitor in the figure above is (a) 11/12uf 9b) 12/13uf (c) 13/14uf (d) 14/15uf
- Determine the gravitational force of attraction between two objects of mass 2×1020kg and 1025kg separated by a distance of 1015meters (a)1.334×1015N (b) 1.334 x105N (c) 1.8×103N (d) 8.3×10-4Ns
- A straight wire, 10m long, carrying a current of 5A in a uniform magnetic field of strength 5×10-2wb/m2 calculate the force on the wire. (a) 7N (b) 2.5N (c) 14N (d) 75N
- If G is the force of attraction between bodies of masses m and M separated by a distance r is (a)Gmm/r (B) gmM/r2 (c) Mm/Gr2 (d) r2/GMm
- Calculate the force of attraction between two bodies of masses 6×1024kg and 7.3&1022kg respectively. If they are 3.8×105km apart. G=6.67x10Nm2kg2 (a) 2.05×102 (b) 2.05×1016N (c) 2.05×1026N (d) 3.8 x1045N
- An alternating voltage with a frequency of 50Hz has a period of (a) 0.02sec (b) 0.05sec (c) 0.20sec (d) 0.50sec
- The energy stored in a capacitor of capacitance 5uf is 40J. calculate the voltage supplied across it terminals (a) 400v (b) 200v (c) 16v 9d) 6v
- Calculate the inductive reactance of the circuit shown below.
- A direct current 5A flows through a 0.2H inductor. Calculate the energy stored in the inductor (a) 0.5J (b) 1.0J (c) 2.5J (d) 5.0J
- A transformer is required to supply 12vrms to operate a toy train set from 240virms. If the numbers of turns required in the primary coil is 100 calculate the numbers of turns in the primary coil. (a) 5 (b)12 (c) 2000 (d) 2400
- In an electrolysis experiment the ammeter records a steady current of 1a. the mass of copper deposited in 30minutes is 0.66g. calculate the error in the ammeter. (a)0.0A (b) 0.11A (c0 3.0A (d) 0.01A
- An astronaut experiences weightiness in space when he. (a) does not hold anything while in space (b) is mid-way between the sun and the earth (c) is free from the earth gravitation field (d) is walking on the moon.
- The angle between the direction of the horizontal is called. (a) angle of direction (b) magnetic declination (c) magnetic meridian (d) angle of dip.
- The earth magnetic equator passes through Jos in Nigeria. At Jos the (a) angle of variation is zero (b) magnetic declination is 900 (c) angle of dip of zero (d) horizontal component of the earth’s field is zero.
- In a transformer, the primary to secondary transformation note is 2:3 what is the voltage across the secondary coil if that cross the primary coil is 22kv? (a) 45kv (b) 33kv (c)18kv (d) 35kv
- Calculate the separated distance of two mass of 1012 kg and 1013kg when their gravitational force of attraction is 6.7N. (a) 3.16×1013m 9b) 14.2×1017m (c)18.3×104m (d)75×109m
- The solution used in voltmeter set up is called (a) electrode (b) electrolyte (c) anode (d) cathode
- Which of the following is a secondary cell (a) car battery (b) touch battery (c) voltaic cell (d) leclanche cell
- The capacitive reactance is given by (a) xc = 2
1i. State Newton’s law of gravitation
1ii. Two charges are places in (a) vacuum at points A and B 1.0m apart. The charge A has a magnitude of 12×10-9 C while the charge B has a magnitude of -12×10-9c. calculate the force of attraction between the charges. (Take 1/4 = 9×10 9m/f)
1b. State three factors on which the capacitance of a capacitor depends on.
- The net change on a capacitor which is charge on a capacitor which is charged to a p.d of 200v is 1.0×10-4 coulomb. What is the capacitance of the capacitor and energy stored in the capacitor.
- State lenz law
c. Draw a simple labeled diagram illustrating the principle of a step down transformer and explain how it works
i. A transformer working on a supply 240v main supply has 200turns on the secondary and give an output voltage 12v. the efficience of the transformer is 90%and it is used to light a 12v lams which draws a current of 4A. calculate the (a) number of turns on the primary (b) primary current
d. What is a magnet
dii. State three ways of destroying a magnet.
2. Define reactance
A series , R.L.C circuit comprises a 10000 resistor a 3 – henri inductor and a 4uf. The A.c source of the circuit has an e.m.f of 100v and a frequency of 160
(i) Draw the circuit diagram of the arrangement (ii) capacitive reactance (iii) inductive reactance (iv) impedance of the circuit (v) current in the circuit (vi) average power dissipated in the circuit
(b) State faradays law of electromagnetic induction
3. Define electrolyte
ii. classify the following substance as either electrolyte or non electrolyte, Alcohol, salt solution, paraffin and dilute tetraoxosulphate(vi)acid (H2SO4)
b. show that v and can be reduce to
c. calculate the time in minute, required to plate substance of total surface area 300cm2, a layer of copper 0.6mm thick, if a constant current of 2A is maintained. Assuring the density of copper is 8.8g/cm3 and the e.c.e of copper is 0.000333g.
4. Draw and label a voltmeter write three application of electrolysis.
b. a rocket of mass 150kg is fired from the earth’s surface so that it just escapes from the gravitational influence of the earth. Calculate the escape velocity with it escape take G = 6.67 x10-11Nm2/kg 2 and the radius of the earth is 6.4×106m.
ii. What is this escape velocity?
c. Deduce the relationship between g and G.