EDUDELIGHT SECONDARY SCHOOLS
1 BENSON AVENUE, LEKKI PHASE 1, LAGOS..
SECOND TERM CONTINUOUS ASSESSMENT TEST (CAT)
CLASS: JSS 2 DURATION: I HR SUBJECT: ENGLISH STUDIES.
SECTION A: ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS.
COMPLETE EACH OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS WITH THE MOST APPROPRIATE OF THE OPTIONS LETTERED A-D
- The —- that used to supply newspapers to our office has left the town. (a)dealer (b) editor (c) printer (d) vendor
- The current law on human trafficking was —- by 8th National Assembly. (a) annulled (b) enacted (c) created (d) imposed
- The hospital —— is now stocked with enough drugs. (a) theatre (b) laboratory (c) pharmacy (d) ward
- Mr. Williams’ —– was written by his friend. (a) biography (b) autobiography (c) history (d) story
READ THE FOLLOWING SENTENCES CAREFULLY AND INDICATE THE PATTERN IT CARRIES.
- That is the book I am looking for (a) rising (b) falling (c) rising falling (d) falling rising
- I may come tonight (a) falling (b) rising (c) falling rising (d) rising falling
- Who broke the cup? (a) rising falling (b) rising falling (c) falling (d) rising
- The sentence, “ We travelled to Kano last week”, said the students, re-written in the indirect speech form becomes, The students said that (a) They travelled to Kano last week (b) The travelled to Kano the following week (c) They had travelled to Kano the previous week. (d) They travelled to Kano this week.
- The sentence, ‘The cake was baked by her, re- written in the active voice becomes, she (a) bakes the cake (b) has baked the bake (c) baked the cake (d) was baking the cake
- The statement, “The boy was beaten by the teacher”, rewritten in the active form becomes, (a) the boy is being beaten (b) the teacher beat the boy (c) the boy was being beaten (d) the boy has been beating.
What is intonation?
ii. List the intonation patterns
iii. Mention two ways rising tune can b use.
- Stress these words
- Assume ii. Repeat iii untie iv. Madam v. freedom