INCOME YIELDING CRAFT
SUBJECT: HOME ECONOMIC
TERM: THIRD TERM
WEEK: WEEK 5
CLASS: PRIMARY 6
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: INCOME YIELDING CRAFT
- Definition of income yielding craft
- Identifying different articles for house and for sale
- Importance of income yielding craft
- Demonstration on how to make income yielding craft
At the end of this discussion in this Module, children should be able to know the:
- Identifying measuring tool
- Taking body measurement
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory videos
- Head rest
- Table mat
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHODS
- Questions and answers
- students will be taking the school Home Economic Laboratory for practical
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum (UBE)
- Lagos State Home Economic Scheme of Work.
- Online Materials.
- Home Economics for Primary Schools.
Craft is the skilled practice of a practical occupation. Craft can also be cade trade. Income yielding craft are what we do with our skill to bring money.
TYPES OF CRAFTS
There are several types of craft that we can learn and generate money from. Some of these crafts are:
1. Wood craft: examples are wood caring, wood turning, furniture making etc.
2. Textile craft like Embroidery, felt- making, crocheting, applique.etc
3. Paper craft: collage, decoupage, paper modelling etc.
4. Pottery and glass craft: ceramic, mosaic art, glass bead making, glass blowing, glass etching etc.
5. Jewelry: metal work, involving process like embossing, repouse work etc.
ATICLES MADE FOR HOUSEHOLD USE
1. Head rest
2. Table mat
5. Arm rest
6. Foot mat
8. Arm rest
10. Pot holders
11. Curtain holder
12. Shopping bag
- The Teacher revises the previous term’s work.
- The Teacher present the day’s lesson.
- The Teacher explains the lessons in details.
- The teacher gives room for pupils to ask question
- What is income yielding craft?
- List three Importance of income yielding craft
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.