TITLE: LESSON NOTE ON CIVIC EDUCATION
SUBJECT: CIVIC EDUCATION
THEME: OUR VALUES
TERM: SECOND TERM
WEEK: WEEK 7
CLASS: PRIMARY 5/ BASIC 5
NAME OF TEACHER:
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: DISLOYALTY – NATIONAL CONSCIOUSNESS
- Consequences of disloyalty.
- Some national agencies which show loyalty.
At the end of this discussion in this unit, students should be able to know:
- Consequences of disloyalty
- Some national agencies which show loyalty
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Nysc Handbook
- Writing materials
- Whiteboard/ chalkboard
- Interactive poster
- Interactive video
- Lagos State Civic Education Scheme of Work.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for Primary Schools
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Civic Education (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Nigeria Educational Research and Development Council (NERDC)
- Edudelight Civic Education TextBooks for Primary Schools
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: the students are familiar with loyalty.
WORD FILE: unfaithfulness, external.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
CONSEQUENCES OF DISLOYALTY
Disloyalty is showing unfaithfulness to the nation or fellow human.
The following are the consequences of disloyalty:
- Attack from external enemies.
- Delay in development.
- High level of corruption
SOME NATIONAL AGENCIES WHICH SHOW LOYALTY
- Military Services such as Nigeria Army, Air force, Navy.
- Law enforcement Services such as Economic and financial crime Commission (EFCC), National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), Nigeria Police Force (NPF), Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC) etc.
- National Youth Service Corps (NYSC)
- Voluntary Services such as the Girls’ Guide, Red Cross, Man – O – War, Boys’ Scout, and some other Non-Governmental Organization.
- The Teacher revises the previous term lessons (LOYALTY – NATIONAL CONSCIOUSNESS).
- Teacher leads the pupils to understand the topic: DISLOYALTY – NATIONAL CONSCIOUSNESS
- He/she explains the consequences of disloyalty.
- Teacher leads pupils to mention some national agencies which show loyalty.
- What is the Meaning of loyalty
- Mention three Evidence of loyalty
- List three Consequences of disloyalty
- Identify Some national agencies which show loyalty
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: WHY WE STUDY CIVIC EDUCATION
NEXT LESSON: NATIONAL CONSCIOUSNESS