TITLE: LESSON NOTE ON SECURITY EDUCATION
SUBJECT: SECURITY EDUCATION
TERM: FIRST TERM
WEEK: WEEK 8 – 11
CLASS: PRIMARY 3
NAME OF TEACHER:
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: PRIMARY DUTIES OF SECURITY AGENCIES
At the end of this topic, Pupils should be able to:
- Know the primary duties of security agencies
- Whom to approached in the face of danger
TEACHING AND LEARNING AIDS
- Whiteboard/ chalkboard
- Informative poster
- Informative videos clips
- Law bills
- Class Discussion
- Questions and Answers
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Universal Basic Education Board Curriculum for Primary Schools
- Lagos State Scheme of Work for Social studies
- Online Materials.
- Edudelight Security Education TextBooks for Primary Schools
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: the students are familiar with Security Agencies.
WORD FILE: government, organizations.
MEANING OF SECURITY AGENCIES: security agencies are government organizations which conducts intelligence activities for the internal security of a nation.
THE ROLES OF SECURITY AGENCIES
The primary role of security agencies is to maintain law and order and prevent crime
NAMES OF SECURITY AGENCIES
- NPF – NIGERIA POLICE FORCE
- FRSC – FEDERAL ROAD SAFETY COMMISION
- NDLEA – NATIONAL DRUG LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY
- SSS – STATE SECURITY SERVICE
- ICPC – INDEPENDENT CORRUPT PRACTICES COMMISSION
- NSCDC – NIGERIA SECURITY AND CIVIL DEFENCE COMMISION
- NAFDAC – NATIONAL AGENCY FOR FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION CONTROL.
- NPS – NIGERIA PRISON SERVICE
- MILLITARY – NIGERIA ARMY
PRIMARY DUTIES OF SECURITY AGENCIES
- Nigeria police force (npf) was established in 1930. Their primary duty is to maintain law and order within the country. The agency is headed by an inspector General.
- Federal road safety commission (FRSC) was establish in 1988. Their primary role is to prevent and minimize accidents on the highways. The agency is headed by a Corps Marshal.
WHOM TO APPROACH IN THE FACE OF DANGER
- Report crime to police
- Report Drug trafficking/ drug abuse to NDLEA
- Report corruption and bribery to ICPC, etc.
- Teacher revisits the lesson on the lists of security agencies
- Teacher guides pupils to mention names of security agencies.
- She organizes a class discussion on the primary duties of security agencies
- She briefly narrates short histories and states the primary duties of security agencies according to their names she mentions their titles or their heads.
- Teacher leads pupils to identify whom to approach in the face of danger
- Teacher organizes excursion visit to security agencies within their environment
- Teacher display pictures or posters of security agents performing their duties.
Learners participate in the class discussion
- Mention the primary duties of security agencies
- List Whom to approached in the face of danger
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson and answer questions.