TITLE: LESSON NOTE ON CHRISTIAN RELIGION STUDIES
SUBJECT: CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
TERM: SECOND TERM
WEEK: WEEK 9
CLASS: PRIMARY 6
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: Love of Money II
- The right attitude to money. Luke 12: 15, 1 timothy 6: 6 – 14
- Dangers of Excessive love of Money and wealth. Mathew 16: 24, 26: 33, Luke 12: 15, 22 – 31.
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- The right attitude to money.
- The Dangers of Excessive love of Money and wealth.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- The Holy Bible
- My Book Of Bible Stories
- The Holy Bible.
- My Book of Bible Stories.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Christian religious studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Online Materials.
- Nigeria Educational Research and Development Council scheme (NERDC)
- Edudelight Christian Religious Studies for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: The students are familiar with love of Money.
WORD FILE: moderate,excessive,Gambling, Prostitution.
Memory verse: 1 Timothy 6:6
Bible references: Luke 12: 15, 1 timothy 6: 6 – 14, Mathew 16: 24, 26: 33, Luke 12: 15, 22 – 31.
THE RIGHT ATTITUDE TO MONEY
The following are the right attitude toward money
- We should love God who is the giver of wealth instead of loving money.
- We should be moderate in the manner we look for money.
- We should separate ourselves from excessive love of money.
Dangers of Excessive Love of Money and Wealth
The following are the dangers of excessive love of money and wealth.
- It takes away the love of God from our hearts.
- It will bring destruction.
- It will lead to wrong desire.
- It makes us to lie.
- It leads to stealing
- It could lead to crime.
- It make us wicked
- Make us violent
- Lead to dishonesty
- It leads to ritual killing
Prayers: O lord, give us the grace to love you before money, in Jesus name. Amen.
- The Teacher revises the previous term lessons (Love of Money I).
- Teacher leads the pupils to understand Love of Money II.
- The teacher explains the right attitude toward money to the students.
- Teacher leads pupils to mention the dangers of excessive love of money and wealth.
- List the right attitude toward money to the students.
- Mention three dangers of excessive love of money and wealth.
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: Love of Money I
NEXT LESSON: God make Men and Women