SUBJECT: AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE
TERM: THIRD TERM
WEEK: WEEK 6
CLASS: PRIMARY 5
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: REQUIREMENT FOR LIVESTOCK MANAGEMENT
- Care etc.
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to know the requirement for livestock management:
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Whiteboard/ Chalkboard
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory videos
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for Primary Schools.
- Online Materials.
- Lagos State Agricultural Science Scheme of Work
- Agricultural Science for Primary Schools.
REQUIREMENT FOR LIVESTOCK MANAGEMENT
Livestock Management helps to provide identity, accurate financial records, supervise workers and ensure proper care and feeding of animal’s movement, accurate and up-to-date livestock and location information of livestock’s to reduce the impact of disease outbreaks, food safety issues and natural disasters.
The people responsible for running the business of poultry farms, dairy farms, cattle ranches or other livestock-related agribusinesses are called LIVESTOCK MANAGERS. Sometimes they help in some physical labour like assisting with animal births, repairing of Machinery
Some of the requirement for livestock management are:
- quality supply of feedstuffs, the use of the most appropriate genetics,
- high health standards
- optimizing housing
- environmental conditions
- quality assurance requirements
- having a sound knowledge of market
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson.
- The Teacher introduces the topic.
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- Mention three requirement for livestock management
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.