SUBJECT: HOME ECONOMIC
TERM: THIRD TERM
WEEK: WEEK 3
CLASS: PRIMARY 5
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: HOW TO PRODUCE SIMPLE ARTICLE
- How To Produce Apron
- Material Needed To Produce Apron
- Preparation Of Pattern And Cutting Out
At the end of this discussion in this unit, children should be able to know how to:
- Produce simple article like apron
- Prepare pattern and cutting out
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Hand needle
- Tailor chalk
- Threads of different colours
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory videos
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHODS
- Questions and answers
- students will be taking the school Home Economic Laboratory for practical
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum (UBE)
- Lagos State Home Economic Scheme of Work.
- Online Materials.
- Home Economics for Primary Schools.
HOW TO PRODUCE SIMPLE APRON
Materials needed are
- Brown paper
- Matching thread
PREPARATION OF PATTERN AND CUTTING OUT
- Make Proper Pattern Of Apron, Belts, Neck Band Pocket
- Straiten The Fabric Into Two With The Right Side Together
- Place Pattern Pieces On The Fabric
- Pin The Pattern Pieces And Cut Out
- Transfer All Pattern Markings To The Fabric
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson.
- The Teacher introduces the topic.
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- Mention three materials needed to produce simple apron
- Explain how to Prepare pattern and cutting out
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.