Senior Secondary School Scheme of work Government – Edudelight.com
NERDC Scheme of work Government SS1
Lagos State Government Scheme of work SS1 Third Term
- Fundamental Human Rights.
- Citizenship- Meaning, Ways of Acquiring Citizenship, Ways of Losing Citizenship:
ii. Rights of a citizen in a State.
3. Ways of Safeguarding Citizen’s Rights: Limitations To a Citizen’s Rights; Differences Between a Citizen And Non-Citizen.
4. Constitutionalism- Meaning, Purposes, Relationship Between Constitution and Constitutionalism.
5. Public Opinion- Definition, Features, Formation, Measurement, Functions and Demerits.
6. Pressure Groups- Meaning, Types, Functions Factors That Can Aid Its Effective Operation, Factors Working Against Its Success, Modes of Operation, Dangers Posed by Its Activities.
7. Political Parties- Meaning, Types of Political Parties, Functions, Comparism Between Pressure Groups and Political Parties.
8. Party System- Definition, Types, Features, Merits and Demerits, Party Manifestos and Its Importance.
9. Franchise- Meaning, Types, Merits, Demerits :Suffrage- Unlimited Franchise or Universal Adult Suffrage, Merits and Demerits, Types of Suffrage, Conditions Necessary For Eligibility As Candidates For Election.
10. Electoral System- Definition, Features, Types, Merits and Demerits of the Types.
11. Electoral Constituencies- Meaning, Factors Influencing The Delimitation of Constituencies; Types of Constituencies, Merits and Demerits of Each Type, Problems of Delimitation.
12. Revision and Examination
Government Scheme of work SS1 Third Term -Modified
- Revision and Political participation:Meaning, forms, purpose, factors affecting Political participation.
- Centralization and decentralization: Reasons for its adoption, types, merits and Demerits.
- Delegated Legislation: Definition, types and reasons
Delegated legislation: Merits and demerits; control of delegated legislation.
- Citizenship: Meaning, ways of acquiring Citizenship
Week 5 & 6
- ways of losing citizenship;
- Rights of a citizen: meaning, duties and
Obligation of a citizen in a state
- Ways of safeguarding citizens’ rights
- Limitations to a citizen’s rights.
- Difference between a citizen and non-citizen
political parties :
- Definition, types, features, functions.
- party manifestoes and its importance
8 Party system :
- Definition, types, merits and demerits.
9 Pressure groups:
- Meaning, types, functions, factors that can aid its effective operations.
- Mode of its operation
10 Factors working against the success of pressure Groups:
ii) Danger posed by its activities
iii) Comparison between pressure group and political party.
12 & 13 Examination
12/13. Revision and Examination